A lifelong resident of Southern Illinois, Cathy Perry is in her first season as the Miners' General Manager.
Having joined the Miners as their Director of Finance in 2009, Perry has been with Southern Illinois for nine years. She added the title of Assistant General Manager in 2016, helping to oversee the day-to-day operations of the organization. She was born and raised in Marion, graduated from Southern Illinois University in 1995, and currently resides in Carterville with her husband, Jason, and daughters, Brianna and Emily. She had previously worked as a controller for a manufacturing company for 13 years before coming to the Miners.
1. Where did you go to college? Southern Illinois University
2. What did you major in? Accounting
3. What was your favorite TV show when growing up? Why? Facts of Life. Great show at that time!
4. Choose a movie title for the story of your life. Why? This one is too hard to answer. I will keep thinking!
5. What was your favorite toy as a kid? Why? Snoopy stuffed animals – Love his laugh https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH9MAhDvNjo
6. What your favorite holiday and why? Both Thanksgiving and Christmas. Just because it’s Christmas!
7. What was the last book you read? The GM's Handbook: Marketing, Promotions & Business Principles Set in the Fun World of Minor League Baseball
8. On a scale of 1-10 how funny do you think you are? (10 being hilarious) 6
9. What does #ALLIN mean to you? Means leaving nothing behind, like in poker putting everything in!