The 2019 Season will be Jon’s first season with the Southern Illinois Miners organization. Originally from Reading, Pennsylvania Jon graduated from Temple University located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania with a degree in Media Studies & Production. Previously Jon served as the Director of Multimedia for the Collegiate Water Polo Association. He has also worked & interned within the sports industry with the Lancaster Barnstormers, and Temple University Athletics.
As the Director of Production, Jon oversees all videoboard & production elements at Rent One Park. In addition, Jon manages the production & camera staff around the stadium as well as in the press box. He also manages the production of all Miners home video broadcasts which will be available on the Miner’s YouTube Channel for the 2019 season.
In his free time, Jon enjoys passionately cheering for his favorite sports teams of the Philadelphia (Phillies, Flyers, Eagles, Sixers) Temple Owls & Florida Gators. He also enjoys attending sporting events, hanging with friends, and exploring his new home of Southern Illinois when not at the stadium.
- Where did you go to college? Temple University
- What did you major in? Media Studies & Production
- What was your favorite TV show when growing up? My favorite TV Show growing up was Rocket Power on Nickelodeon.
- Choose a movie title for the story of your life. National Treasure.
- What was your favorite toy as a kid? Why? Baseball cards. I remember collecting all types of baseball cards my whole childhood with my friends.
- What’s your favorite holiday and why? Thanksgiving. Nothing better than enjoying an extraordinary feast with your family while watching the parades, dog show & football games throughout the day.
- What was the last book you read? “Ice to the Eskimos: How to Market a Product Nobody Wants.” By Jon Spoelstra
- On a scale of 1-10 how funny do you think you are? (10 being hilarious) On a scale of 1-10, I would say I am a solid 8 for sure…You can always catch me trying to make someone laugh and smile.
- What does #ALLIN mean to you? #ALLIN, to me, means putting on the best entertainment possible for the fans that attend our various events at Rent One Park. My goal is to make your next night out at a Miners game a memorable experience.